Ephrata Cloister Fraktur - The Posy Collection
Complete kit includes fabric, floss, needle , chart, instructions and color photo of finished project..
The design of this kit is taken from an eighteenth century choral manuscript at Ephrata Cloister. Brothers and Sisters from the community decorated their choral books with beautiful illuminations often using flowers and doves depicting the heavenly home they were anticipating. One of America's earliest religious communities, Ephrata Cloister was founded in 1732 by German settlers seeking spiritual goals. They became known for their music, calligraphy, architecture, and printing. At the zenith of the community in the 1740s and 1750s, about 300 members worked and worshipped at the Cloister. Today, Ephrata Cloister is a historic site, administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission and interprets this piece of William Penn's "Holy Experiment."; 4" x 5.5"; Aida; 18ct